Music at Holly Grove Primary School
At Holly Grove, we believe that music is a unique and powerful form of communication that can change the way pupils feel, think and act. Furthermore, we feel that there is great value in combining creativity with emotion that enables personal expression, reflection and development.
Our Vision and Aims
- that children will develop the ability to listen to, and appreciate a wide variety of music, including that which has a specific purpose.
- That children will have opportunities to explore and express ideas about music, in a variety of ways eg through dance.
- That children will explore a range of musical elements, for example: pitch, tempo and dynamics.
- That we will encourage active involvement in creating and developing musical ideas using voices and instruments (tuned and untuned).
- That we will develop a sense of group identity and togetherness through composing, rehearsing and performing music with others, to an audience.
- That we will help the children develop self-discipline and creativity, aesthetic sensitivity and fulfilment.
"There is no such thing as an unmusical person"
Hans Werner Henze
To find out more about the Music Curriculum at Holly Grove Primary School, please see the Music Curriculum Vision Statement below:
Young Voices 2020
Next year's Young Voices Concert will be held at Birmingham Genting Arena on 21.01.2020.
From WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 16th Young Voices After School Club will be on a WEDNESDAY from 3.30pm - 4.30pm in Mrs Davies' Classroom (Year 1). Please collect your child from the front office at 4.30pm.
Tickets for Parents will be available. Forms for tickets will be handed out during Young Voices after school club. Please send back before half term if you require tickets.
Songs and Dance Moves for Young Voices
Larger than Life - full run https://youtu.be/XjjpgT1DTTI
Larger than Life - breakdown 1 https://youtu.be/Jdkem2_Ken4
Larger than Life - breakdown 2 https://youtu.be/-QZKhzKjglc
Kusimama - full run https://youtu.be/WWLkm_Z8XGE
Kusimama - breakdown 1 https://youtu.be/x8-vg3Apre0